Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Spokane smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in complete charge of your Spokane home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and check out suggestions to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Spokane?
Connecting wirelessly to components via radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you can even speak to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also gives you total remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can execute:
- Check current or saved footage from any integrated security cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Spokane by programming schedules or initiating rules. For example, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be in your house and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open door will urge you to act. Keep in mind that you can still arm the system by using the steps above. You will then confirm you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Spokane
Despite the fact that many users can be entered when your system is installed, you will likely want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote functionality, choose email or phone and enter the information to deliver an invite.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, just go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you would like to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s automation and security via an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Spokane smart home. Dial (509) 794-3440 to get started.